Prostatitis in men is diagnosed when acute or chronic inflammation of the prostate is detected. The disease can be triggered by both infectious and non-infectious factors - a violation of the innervation of the prostate, stagnant processes in the pelvis, a decrease in immunity, etc.
According to the latest data, about a third of able-bodied men over 30 have at least once faced prostatitis, after 50 years the disease is diagnosed in more than 50% of the male population, most often in a chronic form. For this reasonPrevention of prostatitis in menbecomes one of the most important measures to keep adult men healthy and to extend life expectancy as a whole, since prostatitis brings with it very unfavorable complications, including prostate cancer.
Prevention of prostatitis: the sooner the better
Urologists recommend every man who has passed the 30-year mark to take preventive measures against prostate inflammation. From this point on, the risk of developing prostate inflammation increases significantly.
It is necessary to start prostatitis prevention at an earlier age, if the type of activity in a man is determined by the following factors:
- Long driving, accompanied by shaking - drivers of cars and heavy vehicles, train drivers;
- prolonged sitting in one place - office workers;
- regular stay in conditions of low temperature and high humidity.
With the simplestMethods for the prevention of prostatitisIn adolescence, a man can enjoy a full life and quality sexual relations, as well as increase his life expectancy and prevent the dangerous consequences of this disease.
Instructions for the prevention of prostatitis
With age, natural processes occur in the body of each person that can contribute to the weakening of local and general immunity, which leads to an increased risk of developing various diseases. If we talk about maintaining men's health, the main goals of such prevention are the following:
- Prevention of stagnant processes in the pelvis and especially the prostate;
- strengthening the immune system;
- protection against infections;
- Keeping the pelvic muscles in good shape.
Such activities help prevent not only prostatitis, but also the development of many other urological problems.
The primary prevention of any disease always involves maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Speaking of prostatitis, it is necessary to prevent those factors that are the main causes of the disease - pelvic congestion, infection, hypothermia, etc. Simple methods of primary prevention are suitable for men who have never experienced this disease before.
Preventive measures to prevent the development of prostatitis:
- Regular balanced meals. A diet rich in vitamins, minerals, proteins, polyunsaturated fats and other useful substances, along with the rejection of "unhealthy" foods, contributes to the overall health of the body, which in itself is strengthening the immune system and protecting against manyDiseases means, including inflammatory. It is important to drink enough water every day - this is necessary to prevent stagnation of the secret in the prostate.
- Sports. It's great when a man has the opportunity to go to the gym several times a week and perform a set of exercises aimed at maintaining general tone. A good alternative is regular jogging, swimming, hockey, tennis and other sports. You can buy a treadmill for your home - 20 minutes of daily running or brisk walking will normalize blood flow in the pelvic area and minimize the chance of developing prostatitis.
- It makes sense to go for a walk in the fresh air every day. In addition, urologists recommend doing simple morning exercises aimed at improving overall blood circulation and stretching the main muscle groups. Well-known exercises such as "birch", "bridge", "bicycle" are suitable as daily measures for the primary prevention of prostatitis - they train the pelvic muscles well and are easy to carry out.
- Secretion drainage stimulation. Sex is ideal for these purposes - regular intimate relations not only contribute to the outflow of secretions from the prostate, but also improve blood circulation in the pelvis, improve the tone of the whole body and have a positive effect on the emotional sphere of a man, what formaintaining general health is important. Masturbation is also welcome as a way of stimulating the drainage of secretions.
- Prevention of STIs. Infections are a major cause of prostatitis, so it's important to prevent infection with infectious diseases, especially those that are sexually transmitted. To do this, you must have a proven sexual partner and try to avoid casual relationships. In extreme cases, use condoms.
- Kegel Exercises. The simplest exercise for training the muscles of the pubic bone improves blood circulation in the pelvic area. To understand how to strain them, you need to try to hold the stream for a few seconds during urination, after which you should perform such a manipulation with an empty bladder. Repeat this workout as often as possible throughout the day.
Secondary prevention of prostatitis
It is necessary for men who have already had an acute or subacute inflammatory process in the prostate, as well as for patients who have been diagnosed with chronic prostatitis, when the main goal of prevention is stable remission of the disease. Usually preventive measures are prescribed immediately after treating the patient in the acute stage of this disease.
First of all, the prevention of prostatitis includes regular visits to a urologist: only a qualified specialist can fully assess and select the clinical picturepreventive drugs for prostatitisrequired in individual cases. It is important to consider the treatment methods that were used in the acute stage of the disease. In the first year after treatment for prostatitis, patients are registered and recommended to visit a urologist every 3 months, for the next 3 years a man should visit a doctor every 6 months.
Treatment and prevention of prostatitisare closely related: already at the stage of treating a subacute inflammation, the doctor can recommend exercises and medication that have a preventive and strengthening effect. At the same time, against the background of long-term prophylaxis, situations may arise when an additional prescription of drugs is required to treat the pathology that has arisen and prevent the development of acute inflammation.
Secondary prevention of prostatitis includes:
- the use of drugs and dietary supplements;
- prostate massage;
- special physical education.
At the same time, methods of primary prevention should not be neglected, since their action will help to quickly restore men's health, and with prolonged observance of the above recommendations, the risk of chronicity of the disease will be minimized.
Drugs for the prevention of prostatitis
For prophylaxis, mainly drugs based on natural ingredients that stimulate the work of the prostate gland are prescribed. At the same time, as part of the complex treatment and subsequent prevention of prostatitis, drugs with a multidirectional effect can be used - immunomodulatory, anti-inflammatory, stimulating, etc.
It should be remembered that all medications, including dietary supplements, can be taken only after consulting a urologist. Self-selection of a prophylactic agent is unacceptable!
Gained great popularityPills for the prevention of prostatitis- Dietary supplement containing ingredients derived from bull prostate. They have a significant impact on the work of the male prostate:
- stimulate its activity;
- counteract inflammatory processes in the prostate;
- increase secretion production;
- normalize metabolism in the prostate;
- relieve swelling;
- prevent congestion.
What to take to prevent prostatitis? During a consultation with a urologist, you can choose one of the following drugs:
- with creeping palm fruit extract;
- selective blocker of alpha-adrenergic receptors;
- with a complex of proteins and nucleoproteins isolated from bovine prostate gland;
- based on extracts of saber palm, cruciferous plants and green tea.
Due to their effectiveness and safety, suppositories based on the prostate extract of gobies are very popular. They have a close-meshed effect: the active ingredients penetrate through the wall of the rectum into the prostate area. Such drugs have practically no contraindications and side effects, therefore they can be prescribed in the presence of concomitant diseases.
If the patient has a history of prostatitis caused by an infection, then to maintain men's health it is necessary to use immunomodulatory and antiviral drugs in addition. In men with infectious prostatitis, at the end of the acute stage of the disease, drugs based on azoximer bromide or interferon alfa-2b are prescribed. Prostatitis of bacterial etiology involves taking antibacterial drugs, which are selected individually, after testing for sensitivity to antibiotics.
Prevention of chronic prostatitis in menrequires regular use of prostate stimulating drugs. For long walks, supplements that contain potent natural ingredients are well suited. For such patients, the urologist can prescribe pills:
- Food supplement based on a dry extract of the Chinese Cordyceps mushroom;
- a preparation, the active ingredient of which is the crushed fruit of a dwarf palm tree;
- a drug based on water- and fat-soluble pollen fractions from wheat, rye and timothy grass.
The composition of the preventive complex should additionally include vitamins. They improve blood circulation and strengthen the walls of blood vessels, normalize blood flow in the pelvis and serve as additional prevention against the development of prostate adenoma and cancer. The most importantVitamins for the prevention of prostatitis- A, D, E and K
In the pharmacy you can buy complex preparations that already contain all the vitamins and other useful components necessary for the prevention of prostatitis. One of these remedies is a preparation containing vitamin E, copper, L-glutamine and L-alanine, zinc, lysine, as well as extracts of Icelandic moss, pumpkin seeds, dwarf palm, burdock and many other natural components that are useful for normal functioning of the prostate.
Such a procedure affects precisely the area of \u200b\u200bthe prostate, increasing blood flow to it. This allows you to saturate the prostate with oxygen and nutrients that the gland gets from the blood flow. In addition, massage improves the effectiveness of drugs used to treat or prevent prostatitis.
The massage is performed in two ways:
- externally: Massage movements are performed in the area between the anus and the scrotum.
- transrectal: Massage is performed by inserting a finger through the anus into the rectum and acting directly on the gland. For the same purpose, you can purchase a special massager.
Each of the techniques requires training from a specialist. During the massage, only gentle movements are allowed, lasting no more than 2 minutes. For implementation, it is better to contact a urologist. It is important to know that in the acute stage of the disease, prostate massage is not performed! In this case, first of all, it is recommended to undergo treatment of the inflammatory process.
To improve the functioning of the prostate, it is recommended to undergo exercise therapy, during which a specialist will select feasible physical exercises for a man, aimed at improving blood circulation in the small pelvis and increasing the overall tone of the body.