Treatment of prostatitis in men at home is now very popular among the majority of men who have struggled with this problem. First of all, the way the disease is treated depends on what form the disease has. For mild cases, conventional medicine recipes, physiotherapeutic exercises and gymnastics, which can easily be carried out every day at home, are ideal. The bacterial form of prostatitis requires a slightly different approach. To do this, you should seek advice from a specialist who will help you with the right treatment and also explain in detail how you can treat prostatitis at home. If you choose the right method, the treatment will be effective and without negative consequences.
Today, most doctors consider folk remedies no worse than medications and even recommend combining both methods for effective treatment of prostatitis at home. Using folk recipes, you can not only alleviate the course of the disease, but also significantly strengthen the body's immune system.
Prostatitis primarily affects the prostate, resulting in a severe inflammatory process. The disease can develop suddenly because pathogenic bacteria, viruses and fungi invade the prostate. Blood congestion in the veins of the scrotum and ejaculate secretion have a negative impact on the man's health. The treatment methods are selected individually. This disease can be treated both in the hospital and at home. It is important to follow all doctors' instructions and recommendations. There are basically two forms of prostatitis: acute and chronic.
Main signs of prostatitis
Most often, men aged 20 to 50 can suffer from this disease. Low sexual activity can provoke the appearance of prostatitis. Men who smoke a lot, do little exercise during the day and are passionate sauna fans also have a high risk of this disease. All of the factors listed above have a negative effect on the male body, as a result of which lymph and blood cannot circulate normally through the pelvic organs. This weakens the immune system and allows various viruses and bacteria to invade the prostate.
If the disease is not treated in time, it can become chronic.
Symptoms of the disease:
- Daily discomfort in the groin area, especially in the testicles and penis.
- After going to the toilet, small drops of urine may occur when squatting, even though the bladder is currently empty.
If these symptoms are not treated, more serious symptoms will appear after a short period of time. These include:
- Unpleasant pain in the groin, perineal area and above the pubic bone.
- Severe pain when urinating.
- Pain during bowel movements.
- Increased body temperature of around 39°C.
- The state of health worsens every day, the man feels weakness and fatigue.
- Weak erection.
If prostatitis is chronic, then to the above symptoms are added a sharp decrease in sexual activity and a decrease in the sensations that a man feels during sexual intercourse.
Treatment of prostatitis at home
If the disease is severe and very advanced, treatment is required only under the strict supervision of specialists. In the hospital, special laboratory tests of blood and urine are carried out, which help determine the presence of pathogenic bacteria and microbes. It is necessary to carry out uroflowmetry and PCR diagnostics. After receiving the test results, the doctor may prescribe treatment with antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs. Physiotherapy is often used in parallel. In extremely severe cases, surgical intervention cannot be avoided.
Treating prostatitis at home is only possible if the disease is relatively mild or has a chronic course. The use of traditional medicine helps maintain the body's strength and, to a certain extent, reduce the discomfort that accompanies a man throughout the day.
The treatment methods for chronic prostatitis are very simple. To do this, you need to stock up on certain ingredients. To relieve the disease at home, you need to prepare a medicine based on pumpkin seeds. To do this, you need to grind 0. 5 kg of seeds and add 200 g of honey to the contents. The mixture must then be mixed and made into small, walnut-sized balls. Ready-made balls should be eaten in 1-2 pieces. before the meal. It is very important to chew them thoroughly - about 2-3 minutes. Treatment can continue until the balls completely disappear. After a year of such treatment, relapses should no longer bother you.
If the patient is being treated simultaneously with medications, the main rule is to drink freshly squeezed juices. It is no longer a secret for anyone that freshly squeezed juice contains a large amount of vitamins and microelements that have a positive effect on humans. To support the body with prostatitis, it is enough to drink 600 ml of freshly squeezed juice daily. The juice of asparagus and fresh cucumber helps very well and elderberry juice, taken one tablespoon on an empty stomach, also has a positive effect. The duration of treatment should not exceed 10 days. Before drinking elderberry juice, you need to drink a glass of warm boiled water.
Propolis can also be used together with medication.Due to the rapid relief of inflammatory processes, pain in the pelvic area can be significantly reduced. This method is based on the preparation of medications in the form of suppositories. Here you need to take 200 ml of alcohol and evaporate until 40 g of raw material remains. Add 2 g of cocoa to 0. 1 g each. Before using candles, they must be placed in the refrigerator. The suppositories are inserted into the rectum. Treatment can last up to a month, with breaks of 4-6 weeks.
Diet for prostatitis
If the disease with prostatitis is chronic, in addition to various medical procedures, it is very important to eat right. The diet should include only healthy foods that saturate the body with all the necessary microelements. You must avoid harmful products. First of all, the following products must be excluded:
- Broths based on meat and mushrooms. The use of meat sauces is also prohibited.
- The consumption of various spices and seasonings is strictly prohibited. Raw garlic and onions must be excluded. Radishes, horseradish and radishes should not be consumed.
- Products that contribute to a large amount of gases formed in the intestines are contraindicated. These products include cabbage and whole milk.
Treatment of prostatitis with warm baths based on herbal decoctions
This method of treatment is suitable only in cases where the patient does not have an elevated body temperature. If the temperature is higher than normal, you can take medications at home to help reduce the fever and relieve pain.
At the same time, it is very important to adhere to a drinking regime: the more liquid the patient drinks, the better it is for the body, since in this way all toxins and toxins are removed from it. Products that contain a lot of fiber (fresh vegetables and fruit) are useful.
If a man suffers from constipation with prostatitis, it is best to eat kefir and laxative fruits (prunes, figs, dried apricots).
In such situations, in no case can you try to eliminate the symptoms on your own. Careful laboratory tests and examinations are necessary. Based on the results, the doctor will prescribe medication.
Traditional methods of treating prostatitis
Each traditional medicine described below must be taken one to three times a day. The duration of treatment with such medications can range from 20 to 30 days. Treatment with herbs takes a little longer because, compared to medicines from the pharmacy, they have a milder effect and do not have such a major impact on health. For more effective treatment, active physiotherapy or gymnastics is required. All of this can be done from home without much difficulty. The main thing is to have desire and goal. For patients with prostatitis, experts recommend brisk walking for 15 minutes to half an hour every day.
- Parsley-based decoction. Both the roots of the plant and its seeds are excellent for cooking. To do this, you need to chop the roots thoroughly and boil them in a liter of purified water for 10 minutes. The resulting decoction can be used instead of regular water. To this you need to add 4 tbsp. l. per glass of boiled water. After that, the decoction should be infused in a cool and dark place for 10-15 minutes, then it can be consumed in a tablespoon 4 times a day.
- The disease can also be treated with pear compote. It is recommended to drink compote regardless of the season. It can be prepared from absolutely any type of fruit. However, wild pears are best. It is not recommended to add sugar to the compote; instead, you can use a few teaspoons of honey.
- Kalanchoe tincture. Today there are two recipes known that allow you to prepare a medicinal tincture:
- Method number 1. Take a glass of chopped leaves, pour 0. 5 liters of vodka and let it brew for a week. Use 1 tsp tincture. daily. The course of treatment can be continued until all unpleasant symptoms disappear. The application is then reduced to once a week.
- Method number 2. You need to take 100 g of Kalanchoe leaves and pour 100 g of alcohol or vodka into them. Place the tincture in a dark place and stir occasionally. After 20 days it is ready for use. You can consume 1 tsp three times a day. before the meal.
Of course, most home treatments are very effective. However, do not forget that all methods of therapy must be carried out under medical supervision.
This will help get rid of prostatitis faster and avoid complications.