Prostatitis in the last 20-30 years has become significantly "younger". While at the end of the last century prostate inflammation was mainly diagnosed in men over 40, today young people aged just under 30 are confronted with it. The reason for such changes in statistics was a change in lifestyle in general and an abundance of traumatic factors, including phenomena that change the hormonal background of men and cause destabilization of blood flow to the pelvic organs and the body as a whole.
The main danger of prostatitis is the transition to a chronic form. At the same time, the risk of learning in practice what impotence, infertility, benign and malignant tumors of the prostate - adenomas and cancer - in the representatives of the stronger sex are, increases sharply. The tactics for treating this form are more complex, and the duration of therapy can last several years.
For the treatment of a disease that has manifested itself for the first time, doctors practice the use of new remedies for prostatitis, and also recommend their patients to use various folk remedies. The more extensive the complex of therapy, the higher the chance that this disease will not turn into numerous problems for men, which inevitably arise with the chronic form of the disease.
What drugs are needed for prostatitis
Which of the drugs for prostatitis can bear the proud title of "the best" cannot be answered unequivocally, but without a lot of pharmaceutical and folk remedies, the effectiveness of treatment will approach zero. Therefore, after confirming the diagnosis, urologists recommend the use of several drugs with narrowly targetedEffect to treat men:
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
Depending on the results of the analyzes, drugs with different effects can be selected.
- antispasmodics and muscle relaxants;
- immunostimulants or immunoglobulins;
- antiviral agents;
Among other things, in the treatment of men who have been diagnosed with prostatitis, drugs are often used, including enzymes, trace elements and vitamins that normalize metabolic processes in the prostate.
All of these drugs can be used in various forms for treatment:
- For oral administration - tablets, powder for preparation of suspensions or solutions. Most often, this group includes systemic antibiotics, immunomodulators and hormones.
- For local use - ointments, gels, rectal suppositories. This group of drugs includes analgesics, antispasmodics, anti-inflammatory drugs and antibiotics.
- solutions for injections. This group includes almost all of these remedies for prostatitis, with the exception of hormones.
Which form of medication for the treatment of prostatitis is better to use in each individual case, the doctor decides. So, according to the classical principles of therapy, in the acute form of the disease, which is not aggravated by complications and concomitant diseases, preference is given to oral drugs - anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antimicrobial agents can be taken in the form of tablets. In the case of chronic disease progression and complications or concomitant diseases of the digestive tract, doctors tend to prescribe topical agents and injections.
Preparations-complexes or single-component drugs - which is better
To the question of what should be a really effective remedy for prostatitis - single-component or multi-component - one cannot give an unequivocal answer. Each of these dosage forms has its own advantages and disadvantages.
The benefits of complex drugs, which include anti-inflammatory, analgesic components, vitamins and minerals, as well as stimulants of metabolic processes and immunity in men, include:
- no need to use a lot of drugs in different forms - just take one or two tablets or capsules a day;
- a more perfect formula, in which the components often contribute to a more complete absorption of active substances;
- for treatment with complex preparations based mainly on herbal components, a prescription is not required, but a doctor's approval is required;
- Lower costs.
However, complex means for men, which are often prescribed to treat prostatitis, also have disadvantages:
- when they are ingested, allergies appear more often;
- they have a wider list of contraindications;
- against the background of their intake, the consequences of side effects with other drugs often occur;
- forced intake of substances that do not play a major therapeutic role (for example, an antispasmodic component in prostatitis that occurs without pronounced spasms).
In some cases, taking single-component drugs is more effective than multi-component drugs.
One-component preparations also have disadvantages and advantages. The first include:
- the overall high cost of treatment;
- the need to take medication throughout the day, observing the interval between taking incompatible drugs;
- high load on the digestive tract (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs have a particularly strong negative effect on the stomach).
The advantage of treating men with single-component means lies in the possibility of being able to vary the intake of certain active substances that affect the symptoms and condition of the prostate, depending on the clinical picture.
What drugs do doctors recommend for prostatitis: a list
Among the many drugs that exist on the pharmaceutical market, doctors most often prescribe the following drugs.
- Mostly fluoroquinolones.
- Proprietary penicillins in the form of tablets or daily injections.
Antibiotics for prostatitis can be used in different forms.
NSAIDs for prostatitis are prescribed to relieve pain, relieve itching, burning and a feeling of heaviness in the perineum and lower back, eliminate the inflammatory process. Medicines of this group block the body's immune response to pathological processes in the prostate, thereby stopping and eliminating the development of inflammation. NSAIDs are prescribed for any form of the disease, but using drugs yourself is unacceptable! Uncontrolled intake of anti-inflammatory drugs "lubricates" the symptoms, complicates diagnosis and drowns out the disease, aggravating the pathology.
muscle relaxants and antispasmodics
To relax smooth muscles, adrenolytic drugs are prescribed for the normal course of urine. They perfectly cope with the task, toning the muscles of the bladder, improving the nervous system, stopping spasms and inflammation.
When NSAIDs are ineffective, hormones are prescribed. They are mainly used in the form of injections or in the form of transfusions.
Complex preparations for prostatitis
Comprehensive treatment of prostatitis necessarily involves taking drugs to improve immunity. These can be both topical agents (rectal suppositories) and immunomodulators in tablet form. The choice of drugs is made only by a doctor.
The specific remedy is selected by the doctor based on the condition of the man at the time of the examination, as well as depending on existing contraindications and indications. It is not recommended to use the information from this article for self-selection of a drug complex, since it is given for informational purposes only.