According to unofficial sources, prostate inflammation affects every third man of age. In medicine, all men over 40 are at risk. Prostatitis and prostate adenoma are common male diseases today that require competent drug treatment by a specialist.
Prostate adenoma is hyperplasia of the gland that is a result of the formation of small nodules that prevent normal urination. And if the disease is not treated, the neoplasm can easily turn into a malignant tumor. If you choose the right drug for BPH, it is benign.
Groups of drugs
The pharmaceutical market is full of a wide variety of drugs for the treatment of prostatitis and prostatic hyperplasia, sometimes it is very difficult to choose the right one. For adenomas, only a doctor should prescribe drugs, since all drugs are divided into groups according to their composition, principle of action, degree of effectiveness, etc. The list can go on for a long time, the ignorant will not cope with such a choice.
Drugs for the treatment of adenomas are divided into several groups:
- With androgens in the composition - they are used to treat prostatitis, as they increase the tone of the detrusor and facilitate the process of emptying the bladder.
- The composition is based on progesterone - drugs are also called antiandrogens, in men they reduce the size of the adenoma and also promise an analgesic effect. In medical practice, such drugs are combined with electrophoresis, massage or phonophoresis.
- Herbal anti-inflammatory drugs - tablets and powders of this format work longer, but at the same time guarantee a powerful antiseptic effect. To combat prostatitis, as well as to treat adenomas, coltsfoot, sage, parsley or dill, nettle or chamomile are used.
If the neoplasm was detected in a timely manner, treatment can be conservative and less harmful to the body of a man with a good prognosis from specialists. Doctors can also prescribe probiotics for patients because they improve the intestinal flora and thus strengthen the body's defenses.
The most effective method for treating the prostate is the use of rectal suppositories with a large-scale effect in the focus of the disease. Today, in their assortment, pharmacies offer a huge selection of rectal suppositories, which are aimed at eliminating the inflammatory process in the prostate area. Experts advise on the following points:
- Suppositories containing indomethacin, which reduces edema, soothes inflammation and helps the prostate to function normally. Candles can also be used in neglected cases.
- Ichthyol suppositories - initially restore normal blood circulation and at the same time have an analgesic and antiseptic effect. Despite the specific smell, candles are absolutely harmless and have no contraindications.
- Suppositories with propolis are inexpensive and effective suppositories for pain relief when emptying the bladder with excellent anti-inflammatory properties. They can also be used for prophylaxis without a prescription.
It is not known until the end whether it is possible to cure prostate adenoma with topical drugs, but more often doctors prescribe complex treatment to suppress the process of tissue proliferation. Rectal suppositories are almost always used because they act locally on the lesion.
In the case of tablets, all effective medications for internal use that exist today can also be divided into several groups:
- Antispasmodics - such pills are aimed at relieving muscle spasms, relaxing the muscles, and thereby promoting better blood circulation. Treatment will be effective, the pills will be selected by a specialist doctor.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs - in the case of acute adenoma, the doctor should decide which drugs to use to treat the disease, he should also choose an agent to relieve inflammation. Indications for their use are prostatitis and adenoma, and their timely use prevents the transition of the disease into a chronic form.
- Antibiotics for prostate adenoma - such drugs are applicable when the adenoma is caused by infection or bacteria that affect the prostate.
Numerous modern, new generation drugs are in great demand, as there are fewer contraindications and side effects for their use. In order for antibiotics for prostate adenoma to help in treatment, it is necessary to carefully follow the instructions and dosages prescribed by the doctor.
Treatment without surgery for adenomas is possible if the patient seeks the help of a specialist at the initial stage of the development of hyperplasia. To quickly suppress the process of tissue overgrowth, injections that help strengthen the immune system can be prescribed. The speed of development of the disease depends on the immune system, so immunomodulators are often included in the treatment complex.
Such drugs promote the regeneration of damaged tissue, they are a prerequisite for successful conservative treatment. In addition, they protect the gland from the negative effects of viruses. The course of therapy and the required dosages are determined by a specialist.
Conservative treatment or prevention of prostatitis can be carried out with homeopathic preparations based on herbal extracts and extracts. Phytopreparations have no side effects and contraindications, they gently act on the affected organ in a complex way.
Sometimes a Chinese urological patch can be used, as its components also help to relieve the condition of the prostate, relieve inflammation, edema, pain, and stimulate immunity. The only important thing is to start treatment on time and not self-medicate.
The cheapest and most effective suppositories for prostatitis
Rectal suppositories in prostatitis and prostate adenoma are widely used in medicine. Their use is very convenient as they have a direct effect on the affected gland. Due to the local nature of the impact, they do not have unpleasant side effects such as irritation of the stomach and intestines. They also have an advantage over drugs in tablet form in terms of the speed of action. All this makes the use of suppositories for prostatitis one of the most effective means in the complex of therapeutic measures in male diseases.
Notes and usage features
Given the question of the utility of rectal suppositories (suppositories) in the treatment of prostate disease, it should be noted that these agents cannot be used as the only way to cure the disease. The symptoms and treatment of these diseases are known and involve a number of different therapeutic measures.
A good effect from the use of suppositories can be obtained with the following pathologies:
- both acute and chronic prostatitis;
- infectious lesions of the urinary tract;
- Complications of prostate inflammation.
In addition, suppositories can be useful in preparing a patient for prostate surgery as well as in the postoperative recovery period.
Compared with drugs in other release forms, rectal suppositories for men should be used, taking into account their properties.
They should be used following certain rules:
- it is necessary to carefully study the instructions for use of the drug in terms of its interaction with other drugs.
- before using the candle, it is necessary to cleanse the intestines by going to the toilet and making a cleansing micro-enema.
- to ensure maximum contact with the prostate, the candle should only be inserted in the prone position;
- After inserting the candle, it is better to lie on your stomach for another half an hour while the medicine is absorbed.
- It is better to do the procedure in the evening, before going to bed.
If you follow these simple rules, you can get the maximum possible result from the use of anal suppositories for prostatitis.
Classification of the means that can be used
There are many different drugs for treating male diseases that come in the form of rectal suppositories. They are classified according to active ingredients and mode of action. In this regard, if symptoms of the disease appear, it is important to know which suppositories to use.
There are such types of candles:
- Antimicrobial. Suppositories from prostatitis with antibiotics can effectively fight the infection. They also have antispasmodic properties. Rifampicin is usually used as the active ingredient in these type of suppositories. This is an antibiotic from the Ansacimin group of antibiotics. It has the property of penetrating tissues and liquids well, which gives it the best performance.
- Anti-inflammatory. The beneficial effect is achieved through the inclusion of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory substances in their composition. Anti-inflammatory drugs for prostatitis are an integral part of the complex of therapeutic measures. In addition to having anti-inflammatory effects, the presence of NSAIDs allows the use of such suppositories to relieve pain and significantly reduce swelling. In addition, for the treatment of prostatitis and prostate adenoma, such suppositories promote the regeneration of the affected tissues.
- Pain relieving suppositories for prostatitis. A component of such suppositories must necessarily be a means that has the property of having an analgesic effect. Paracetamol is usually used for this. This drug is considered to be one of the safest and can also have antipyretic effects. In addition, pain relievers for prostatitis may contain analgesics.
- Antifungal. Suppositories of this type are used in cases where the cause of the disease is a fungal infection.
- Immune stimulating. In addition to strengthening the immune system, these suppositories can have an antimicrobial effect.
The most commonly used drugs
The list of suppositories for prostatitis is quite extensive. Candles can be used as soon as the first signs of the disease appear. Antibacterial suppositories for prostatitis are used only as directed by the attending physician.
In cases where for some reason the patient cannot use industrial drugs and is familiar with folk remedies, suppositories for the treatment of prostatitis can be independently made.
Here is the simplest recipe:
- Propolis, beeswax, goat or lamb fat must be mixed in equal parts with rubbing alcohol.
- Put the resulting mixture in a water bath and heat, stirring occasionally, until it becomes evenly thick.
- Blind suppositories from the resulting substance. A candle should be 5 cm long and 1 cm in diameter.
Candles made in this way are stored in the refrigerator.
The use of handmade propolis suppositories has been shown to have beneficial effects on prostatitis. But when using them, it should be remembered that the course of treatment with them is quite long.
In addition to propolis, the following components can be used to make suppositories:
- Sea buckthorn oil;
- Cocoa butter;